New Dentist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back around 2009, I had all the rest of my teeth pulled in preparation for dentures. The dentist said that she could "save" four of the front teeth but that they would need root canal work. I told her to pull them all, that I didn't want to deal with bridges. I had to wait for two months after they were pulled before she would get impressions of my gums.

Let me tell you that missing teeth ain't all that bad for chewing. For two months I did fine just gumming my food to death with not having any teeth.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
A dentist cannot do an implant in one day, it is impossible. It takes several months for the bone to graft around the implant, then they take a mold and followup with the actual criown on the implant.
A family member had this, and I was surprised at how long, and how many trips, and procedures it took. The result looks great, but it's not simple, easy, or likely cheap. I had a partial denture once, and never got used to wearing it, so I would have a lot of trouble wearing dentures, I'm sure. I'm old and have a few teeth left, I think I will try and make them last as long as I do,

Latest posts

Top Bottom