New Dentist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
200.gif

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A family member had this, and I was surprised at how long, and how many trips, and procedures it took. The result looks great, but it's not simple, easy, or likely cheap. I had a partial denture once, and never got used to wearing it, so I would have a lot of trouble wearing dentures, I'm sure. I'm old and have a few teeth left, I think I will try and make them last as long as I do,
I agree, the cost of a dental implant is expensive and an entire mouth full of implants is cost prohibitive. I don't know of anyone that can afford to have that done!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, the cost of a dental implant is expensive and an entire mouth full of implants is cost prohibitive. I don't know of anyone that can afford to have that done!

Uhmmm ... Sheepishly raises her hand ... 🙋

I have had my entire mouth done. Bad genetics and a life-long Diet Coke addiction did a number on my teeth. By the time I was 40 my teeth were less teeth and more mercury-laden fillings. Plus I had knocked my 2 front teeth out in junior high (middle school to all you youngsters out there) and the crowns they put on were wearing out. (Yeah, that stuff doesn't last forever.)

I have to say I really can't recommend it. I've had my implants for about 25 years now and I am already starting to have trouble with them. Actually they've ALWAYS been a bit uncomfortable and bothersome. For a few reasons:

1. The dentist who put them in did a miserable job and my bite has never been right.

2. Because of number 1 (I think) I have several teeth that are cracked. But I'm not going back to get them fixed because everytime I go to the dentist I wind up looking (and feeling) like someone has taken a baseball bat to my face for a couple weeks after. No thank you.

3. I have a ... I dunno what it's called ... Basically a piece of teeth that the tree broke the one post holding it in so I can take it out like people who have dentures can take out their teeth only I'm not supposed to be able to do that. I'm just careful not to eat anything sticky and I chew slow and gently so if the post does pop up out of the hole I can take it out and reposition it and put it back in. I probably should go get it fixed but 🤷🤷🤷 Ehhhhh ... I dunno.

So ... There you have it. Oh I do have a few of my own teeth. I think 3 ... Maybe 4. I haven't really ever thought about it. Lol

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an extraction done and a bone graft the same day. Had to wait for that to heal for 3 months. The implant was placed in October and covered up and have to wait at least 3 months for that to heal then get it uncovered and a post put in and fitted for a crown. Can't wait!!!!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this something personal? 🤣 Inquiring mind's want to know. I didn't see any references.

Nope. Guess it's my ADHD. Once I see something weird I start looking for other weird stuff. And her boobs look like the plastic surgeon just did one. Lol

One is round as a basketball and the other one looks like it was baked in a loaf pan. 🤷🤷🤣🤣🤣 That would bug the heck outta me if I was trying to adjust my cleavage ... 🤦🤦😋

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Guess it's my ADHD. Once I see something weird I start looking for other weird stuff. And her boobs look like the plastic surgeon just did one. Lol

One is round as a basketball and the other one looks like it was baked in a loaf pan. 🤷🤷🤣🤣🤣 That would bug the heck outta me if I was trying to adjust my cleavage ... 🤦🤦😋
I'd be willing to bet most of us ain't that picky 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom