New Dentist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the implant itself can be done in a day. I had an extraction with bone graft at the same time, last March. So when I go back for the implant my dentist says it's a one day thing, excluding any follow ups, assuming the graft is solid.

I was also told it was possible to do the graft and implant at the same time in some people. It all depends on the bone density in the area where the implant is going according to my surgeon. I was told I'd be good from 3 months to a year or more.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Short answer is, it depends.

There are systems out there that offer immediate load implants. Meaning place the implant and immediately load it with either a crown or denture or hybrid of the two.

I've done a few cases where we removed the teeth and placed the implants same session and placed the hybrid 4 days later. Only reason for the delay was fabrication of the prosthesis. Had to wait a couple of days to do the Photogrammetry and then a few days for milling of the appliance.

Placing the implant in the same area of an extraction on the same appointment would not be advisable, IMHO. Really depends on the case. And, more importantly, the ability of the dentist.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The up to a year wait for a implant is one of the reasons I went with bridges. Zirconia, love em. I have 2 and a zirconia crown.

I did a lot of research and felt that was the best course of treatment for me, and affordable.

Also implants can fail, nothing is 100%.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who else thought this?
1_nQsfbLsjCxCZFDUBWSaLCg.jpg

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The up to a year wait for a implant is one of the reasons I went with bridges. Zirconia, love em. I have 2 and a zirconia crown.

I did a lot of research and felt that was the best course of treatment for me, and affordable.

Also implants can fail, nothing is 100%.

Zirconia is a great material. I use it alot. Also something called Empress.
I love the line "...implants can fail, nothing is 100%"

I try to tell folks that no matter how good the doc is. No matter how good the support team is. No matter how good the lab is, we are still placing a mechanical fix in a biological system. Nothing is as good as the Original Equipment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom