Silver Certificate...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if you could get into your "Wayback" machine and take it to a bank, you could get 10 silver dimes, or 2 silver halves, or 4 silver quarters. Up until 1968 I think. Now....not so much.

I'd go with what the others have posted for monetary value. Personally, I like old coins and bills.

Never thought of carrying one in the ole wallet for "luck", but '57 would be my year.

Dave

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May not be worth much more that face value...I have a couple.
I like to look at them once in while ..and think where they might have been.
Now Silver dollars ...thats a .whole different deal.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if you could get into your "Wayback" machine and take it to a bank, you could get 10 silver dimes, or 2 silver halves, or 4 silver quarters. Up until 1968 I think. Now....not so much.

I'd go with what the others have posted for monetary value. Personally, I like old coins and bills.

Never thought of carrying one in the ole wallet for "luck", but '57 would be my year.
Dave

I'll sell it to ya for two bucks. :naughty:

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a $2 Silver Certificate from the fifties that my grandpa gave to me. Still have it, of course. Don't think I could part with it. I also have a $5 U.S. note (with red ink for the seal and serials) around here somewhere.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a $2 Silver Certificate from the fifties that my grandpa gave to me. Still have it, of course. Don't think I could part with it. I also have a $5 U.S. note (with red ink for the seal and serials) around here somewhere.

I might be interested in the red note, too, if you ever decide to get rid of it. If so, put me at the top of your contact list, please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom