Site pusher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking into buying a site pusher to change out the sites on my glocks. Hard to aim when the suppressor is installed. What site pusher do you all have? what are the pros and cons of what you have? Thanks in advance for your time.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The factory Glock pusher works great for stock height sights. It will not clear suppressor height sights, so you'd still have the problem of pushing the new rear sight on.

delphidoc

New to the site!
Reaction score
First post here. I don't have any relationship with the pushers or people mentioned below.

I don't have a Glock but I've read that Glock sights are relatively easy to drift. I wouldn't recommend it but I'm sure YouTube has lots of vids of people drifting them with a brass punch and hammer.

I on the other hand seem destined to buy guns with sights that are extremely hard to drift. My experiences:

Shield 9mm-
I installed an Apex trigger kit and later some TFX sights. Very difficult to drift these sights. Forget the punch-hammer method. I bought and liked a sight tool made by a guy who goes by epj on smith-wessonforum.com. Not sure if I'm supposed to post these links but I'm going to anyway, since you asked:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/363455-shield-sight-change-picture-heavy.html

http://smith-wessonforum.com/accessories-misc-sale-trade/374102-jmt-sight-pusher-1911-m-amp-amp-p-xd-ruger-beretta-revolver-plugs.html

Springfield XDm Compact 9mm-
Then I bought this fine gun. Once again, some of the hardest sights to push in the industry. I also put TFX sights on it. epj's sight pusher didn't work on it so I bought a Fisher universal sight pusher. With all the differently shaped blocks it came with I'm confident it will work on any semi-auto I'll ever come across. It specifically has blocks for a Glock:

http://www.sightpusher.com/New--XL-Tool.html

Last edited:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some sights fit really tight, like Springfield Armory XD's. The purpose dedicated ones made by MGW for specific guns works well. They make two for different rear sight profiles of Glock. They make a specific one for the SUW Shield and a different one for the regular M&P's. Gets pricey to own specific ones for the gun at hand but you will be able to precisely adjust and you likely won't break anything. I've seen reports of breaking Shield slide rails using the wrong pusher. The bar type night sights are fragile; kind of a Russian Roulette game using a punch and vice on them.

callmecamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used my punches, vise and hammer with good effect. I sandwich the slide in between two small wood blocks in the vise, cover the tip of the punch with electrical tape just for a little insurance and let it rip. Warning: You can ding your sights or slide this way if you're not careful. Sight pushers seem very spendy for what they do, however it makes windage adjustment MUCH easier and more precise. If I were a gunsmith working on other peoples' guns, I'd probably have one but since I'm not, I make do with what I have.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I just installed an Ameriglo suppressor/optic set on my G-40. I used the aluminum Dawson Precision punch with the nylon tip on the rear sight and it worked without any issues.

okrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg

MGW. Works great and very easy to use and adjust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom