Skinning cradle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gut mine in the woods before I move it very far.

I could not fathom picking up a deer with the guts in it and laying it on the cradle.
After you skin it do you cut all the meat off while on the cradle or pick it back up and move it again?

Lets say you did do a gutless process on the cradle now you still have to pick it up.
Much lighter now though.

If you need pipe and casters I have them and you can have them for free if you use them to make one for yourself.
I'm building this for pigs I am raising not particularly for deer.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is ideal slaughter weight/age for you?

I see the cradle being most useful for pigs, deer seem pretty long…
Depends on what is in my freezer. I can butcher, cure at any weight. It's about what I want and not what is the norm for paid processing.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gut mine in the woods before I move it very far.

I could not fathom picking up a deer with the guts in it and laying it on the cradle.
After you skin it do you cut all the meat off while on the cradle or pick it back up and move it again?

Lets say you did do a gutless process on the cradle now you still have to pick it up.
Much lighter now though.

If you need pipe and casters I have them and you can have them for free if you use them to make one for yourself.
I'll have a lift system using a winch . Not picking up by myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom