Smallest Lightest 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 PF9, 400 ish round through mine, recently tried remington golden saber 124gr no dice would not feed, gold dots 124 & hydroshock 124 no problem. Anyone try goldensabers & have luck

no goldensabers here either... just tried gold dots and hydroshocks... you may try buffing the feedramp and see if it helps.

Reaction score
Taurus 709 SLIM and KT PF-9 are your top two candidates besides the PM9 with those criteria.

Or, if you're willing to go .380, then get what I carry every day - a Kahr P380. Really small - check. Really light - check. Much higher quality than the similar offerings from KT, Ruger, and Taurus - check.

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on the PF-9.

I have shot about two mags of golden sabres with no problems after chambering the first round. Sometimes it takes a couple of pulls on the slide. I tried some of the inexpensive stuff from brigadoons a while back and it jammed every other round. Besides that, I've had much better luck with remington ball ammo vs using hollow points. Haven't tried any polishing yet...

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone else have reliability issues for such an expensive gun?

NO tiny auto pistols for me!
tried and true 340PD for CCW

---------------------------

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=83372#post83372

We stopped carrying the Rorhbaugh . Out of about 24 we sold over a year and a half , we had to send 4-5 back for reliability issues . 2 were returned for cracked slides . 1 of those needed 2 slides replaced .

Quote:
What I am trying to say is this. I don't want something that I have to "fuss" with. Keep a log of how many rounds and when to change out recoil springs and the such. Maybe that is the trade off for being a "micro" pistol. If it is, it is not for me!
Agreed .

Rohrbaugh

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you don't want to pick up another J-frame, you might want to have a look at these. SW 3913 8+1 9MM and not much bigger than a J-frame. They for their size are very reliable, and slim.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx

Here's some pic's of mine.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_fdaaabf4.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000074.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_3913.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom