Smith & Wesson New Bodyguards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, I must be wet behind the ears when it comes to revolvers, since I thought that BG 38 wasn't bad-looking. The ambi cylinder release is interesting, but I can see where it'd pose problems for someone who's spent many hours with the traditional side-mounted release. Personally, I wouldn't dismiss the revolver out of hand, but would want to wait and see impartial shooting reviews.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WTF? :ugh2:

Why don't the chaps at S&W leave well enough alone?! :pissed:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/popups/BGWeb/bg38-360.html

That's not even a Bodyguard. It's more like a Centennial. That little do-hickie that looks like the hammer is actually an ambi cylinder release. Which is kinda cool when you think about it, but as the late, great Col. Jeff Cooper (RIP) would say, it's an answer to a nonexsistent problem.

I vote two thumbs way, WAY down!
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those look ridiculous. I just don't understand S&W. They make some great guns, but then again they also make some guns that just make you ask, "What the hell?"

I don't like the bodyguards, but it will be interesting to see how popular they become (if they do at all).

Latest posts

Top Bottom