Smokeless tobacco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After years of failed attempts trying to do it myself different ways, I told my wife I need something to help me, I don't think I can do it on my own. So I started Chantix this morning, she had some left from when she quit smoking a few months ago. $4.00 a can for Grizzly mint pouches, a can a day, almost $30 a week.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After years of failed attempts trying to do it myself different ways, I told my wife I need something to help me, I don't think I can do it on my own. So I started Chantix this morning, she had some left from when she quit smoking a few months ago. $4.00 a can for Grizzly mint pouches, a can a day, almost $30 a week.

I tried the Chantix for about a week. I can't say whether or not it helped, because I had to stop taking it. That stuff gave me the craziest dreams I've ever had. Not like night terrors, but insanely vivid. Without fail, I would wake up when the dream ended...kind of like when alcohol metabolizes. At first it was kind of cool, but got old really quick. The doctor told me that it was a common side effect, but nicotine withdrawal screwed with my sleep patterns already, so I quit taking the Chantix.

If I remember correctly, I started out on a low dosage which was supposed to step up in increments over a period of a few weeks. Be careful if going with a higher dosage right off the bat. That being said, I hope that it helps.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only one tiny pinch of cope today so far, and to be honest, it didn't taste all that great...

It won’t be long before you can’t stand the taste of it.
When a smoker, the cigarette smoke really smelled good and got me into the urge to light up another one.
Now, can’t stand the smell. Can’t stand to be in a room where anybody has smoked. The smell just isn’t appealing anymore and reinforces the resolution to never take that habit up again.
Your progressing. Keep up the good work!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When a smoker, the cigarette smoke really smelled good and got me into the urge to light up another one.
Now, can’t stand the smell. Can’t stand to be in a room where anybody has smoked. The smell just isn’t appealing anymore and reinforces the resolution to never take that habit up again.
Yep I know how that is, I used to smoke too and now cant stand to be around it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, I can say this with regards to cigarettes, but there are rare occasions when I get around someone with a pipe with good tobacco that still "slightly" tempts me.

But, I like my wife more than a pipe. All of you that are quitting, whether it be smoking or smokeless will find that your family members are REALLY more important. Plus, there is all that incentive for the money you are saving.

That said, maybe the quitters should FIRST take the family members for a nice trip or special treat with your first savings.

Again, good on all of you quitting.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah ... Capitan Black Royal comes to mind ...

Woody

My pipe tobacco was supplied by a tobacco store in Liberal, Kansas. It was a custom blend that included a black cherry tobacco. They were an excellent store because they would ship me a pound at a time and wait for me to pay them after I had received the tobacco.

Latest posts

Top Bottom