Smoking Chirstmas Dinner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got up at 5:30am to start the fire in my Oklahoma Joes Smoker. Every year I smoke a Bone on Prime Rib Roast and a Turkey.

This year I got a full prime rib for $6.65 a pound. I cut it in half, I am smoking a #10 Roast, #10 ham, and a #10.5 Turkey.
The prime rib is rubbed with garlic, salt, and pepper.
the ham is precooked but I rubbed it with some brown sugar, and my secret rib rub.
I brined the turkey in salt, sugar, apple juice, and sliced apples for 24 hours, then rubbed it with honey garlic rub.
i394.photobucket.com_albums_pp22_cooper4_20151225_075312l.jpg
i394.photobucket.com_albums_pp22_cooper4_20151225_081728.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds and looks fantastic!

I just pulled and FTCd the 12lb brisket out of the big green egg a little bit ago. The beans are smoking now and when they are done a cast iron dutch oven apple cobbler is going in.

This is why I love the egg so much. No cheating here with those digi-que fan thingies. Just strait up manual air control. It did the right half of this pic all night long.

[Broken External Image]

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got up at 5:30am to start the fire in my Oklahoma Joes Smoker. Every year I smoke a Bone on Prime Rib Roast and a Turkey.

This year I got a full prime rib for $6.65 a pound. I cut it in half, I am smoking a #10 Roast, #10 ham, and a #10.5 Turkey.
The prime rib is rubbed with garlic, salt, and pepper.
the ham is precooked but I rubbed it with some brown sugar, and my secret rib rub.
I brined the turkey in salt, sugar, apple juice, and sliced apples for 24 hours, then rubbed it with honey garlic rub.
i394.photobucket.com_albums_pp22_cooper4_20151225_075312l.jpg
i394.photobucket.com_albums_pp22_cooper4_20151225_081728.jpg

MMMMmmmmm ! MEAT!

Merry Christmas to all, and may your dreams be filled with caliber and gage!

Woody

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got two slabs of ribs on the smoker that have been marinating for two days. Salmon is ready to go on an hour before we eat. (if there is any left as I nibble on some sushi style with some wasabi) :D

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds and looks fantastic!

I just pulled and FTCd the 12lb brisket out of the big green egg a little bit ago. The beans are smoking now and when they are done a cast iron dutch oven apple cobbler is going in.

This is why I love the egg so much. No cheating here with those digi-que fan thingies. Just strait up manual air control. It did the right half of this pic all night long.

[Broken External Image]

I love my iGrill....

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6 lbs of Almonds and 5 lbs of Bologna in the smoker this afternoon. Just taking advantage of the weather and making some snacks.

Dinner tonight is Crawfish Etouffe ;-)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my iGrill....

As do I! I just picked this up yesterday at Sam's on sale for $79 and it came with 4 probes. Cheapest I've seen them. I wanted to see how flat the temp would run in my BGE on a long low & slow cook and it did fantastic. I put it in right at 7:00 and cleared the "warmup" data immediately after I loaded the brisket so what you are seeing here is the start of the actual cook without the warmup and loading. It stayed between 230 and 250 all night long and my brisket was the best I've ever cooked. I used to have a Cookshack so that's saying something! This iGrill2 helped with that. I checked it at 185 and it was close, at 190 the flat probed tender and juice just poured out of it. I knew I had a winner. Several people told me that I had bested myself. I did a pretty mean brisket in my Cookshack.

Latest posts

Top Bottom