Snowmegadon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
flamesnow.jpg

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Christmas Eve Blizzard was Snowmageddon. 1st week of Feb 2011 was Snowmageddon.

A couple inches dropped a few times over a week and a half is just called winter. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn't anything. I can't believe the people and the news channels get so excited.
Snow days didn't exist when I went to school. You put chains on your vehicle and took your kids to school, or put rubber boots on them if they had to walk.

We are raising a bunch of pu$$y kids that have to give up at every little obstruction in their lives, and wait for the government to tell them is ok to go back to school.
Disgusting, and the country will pay the price down the road

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i was raised in enid back when we had winters. i can't remember on one hand the days we got out, and yes, it WAS two miles uphill in both directions.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't anything. I can't believe the people and the news channels get so excited.
Snow days didn't exist when I went to school. You put chains on your vehicle and took your kids to school, or put rubber boots on them if they had to walk.

We are raising a bunch of pu$$y kids that have to give up at every little obstruction in their lives, and wait for the government to tell them is ok to go back to school.
Disgusting, and the country will pay the price down the road

You sir, are correct on all accounts.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had snow days when I was a kid...but it was after/during no kidding blizzards that dumped 12" of snow. We usually had one day off for the plows to do their thing and we got back at it.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One January we only had three days of school when I was a kid. By the time the storms stopped, we had over 6' on the ground. This was Michigan on the shore of Lake Michigan. We never got a day off for cold though.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the schools are closing just because of the extremity of the cold. A lot of kids walk to school and it's not a good idea to send them out in some of these conditions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom