snubbie sight picture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I've got my model 36 which shoots at center mass when sighted right. (Meaning the top of all three sights is ON the middle part of the x on a target.)
But my 637 shoots a little low when I sight like this. I've measured and measured and the front sight is not too high so it doesn't need to be lowered. What's the deal? Has anybody ever heard of a gun having a proper sight picture where the front sight post is higher than the rear? I thought it might be the ammo, I use Speer GoldDot 135 gr. +p, but it does the same thing when I use 158gr. ball ammo.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sight my J frame model 38 Bodyguard and my 3 inch K frame model 13-3 EXACTLY the same way, at the EXACT same distance and use the EXACT same ammo, and the Bodyguard hits dead center, while the 3 inch K frame hits just to the left.

Figure THAT one out! :scratch:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sight my J frame model 38 Bodyguard and my 3 inch K frame model 13-3 EXACTLY the same way, at the EXACT same distance and use the EXACT same ammo, and the Bodyguard hits dead center, while the 3 inch K frame hits just to the left.

Figure THAT one out! :scratch:

I guess some guns are a little finicky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom