Snubbies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the Colt Fitz guns, here's some additional info: The Detective Special first became popular [in 1926] after J. H. FitzGerald, a Colt shooter, began to cut the Police Positive guns down to two inches for use as belly guns. In fact, FitzGerald went even further and bobbed the hammerspurs and cut out the front of the trigger guards in an attempt to make a real speed gun. They called them FitzGerald Specials, and many savvy gunmen preferred them for fighting guns.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On the Colt Fitz guns, here's some additional info: The Detective Special first became popular [in 1926] after J. H. FitzGerald, a Colt shooter, began to cut the Police Positive guns down to two inches for use as belly guns. In fact, FitzGerald went even further and bobbed the hammerspurs and cut out the front of the trigger guards in an attempt to make a real speed gun. They called them FitzGerald Specials, and many savvy gunmen preferred them for fighting guns.

Here is one that belongs to a friend of mine in Maine. Yes he still shoots her. Maybe I've got some wires crossed, but it looks cool to me. Its an original Fitz.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_Fitz002_1.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a problem...what holster should I buy? :D

Bought this guy today, Model 38-1 Airweight. They only ship on Thursdays so it'll probably be here next week. This means I only have their pictures for now.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_18e79482.jpg

[Broken External Image]