so bummed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A coworker tells me about his saturday garage sale find.

He thought it was an M-1 carbine, but turned out to be Ruger .44 carbine $150. He figures it would be good for trade.
But he goes and buys a box of ammo and shoots the thing on Sunday.

I offered $250, but he has decided it is too much fun and will keep it.

Thing is, I drove by that garage sale before he did, but didn't spot anything so I drove on by.

Will be kicking myself for a long time over this one.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, I am sure your mom told you drive-bys were not nice... Wow, for your coworker to be so excited at a garage sale (to think he bought a $150 M1 Carbine) and then to be so bummed that he actually paid only $150 for a Ruger .44 carbine. Sad he had to go through all that...yes sarcasm. Seriously, what a find. And yes, what fun to shoot.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You always have to stop. Stopped at one, all she had out was one table. Only reason we stopped was so our Son could pet her dog. I bought a 1955 bubble back 18K Gold Rolex for $100. Thing is she knew what she had.

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I need to start making stops. I always figured garage sales were mainly just junk.

I had plans to attend an estate sale that advertised firearms. All the firearms were already sold before the sale even started. :(

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't go to many, just stop at some on impulse. Never seen any guns, but I just bought a Ruger .44 mag Carbine used, and its going to kill a deer this fall. Really fun gun to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom