So.... driving in the left lane will soon get ya a ticket!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If your in the left lane keeping pace with a blue hair in the right lane doing 5 under the speed limit and traffic is stacking up behind you, I want you to be ticketed.

Agreed plus this:

If you're in the left lane at ANY speed with or without someone beside you and there is traffic behind you, I want you ticketed.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Count me as one who thought the left lane for overtaking law was good as written. My issue with the new laws is that an unreasonable officer could potentially ticket you for driving in the left lane with no other vehicles in the immediate vicinity. Many of us elect to use the left lane because the right lane on so many roads is trashed by heavy truck traffic. Do I really have to remain in a frost heaved, potholed, rutted lane just to avoid getting pulled over by an a-hole with a grudge against the world (really probably less than 3% of all officers on the road)?

I'm one of those drivers who's acutely aware of what's happening all around me, even at distance. If I see you 10, 20 even 30 car lengths or more behind me and gaining ground, I'll move over before you even have to consider passing me on the right. If I'm overtaking on the rare smooth right lane, I'll move over long before you have to wonder why I'm coming up on you from behind. It's just a courteous way of driving IMO. If you're driving safe and courteous, there should never be PC for a traffic stop. That's just bad business. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Count me as one who thought the left lane for overtaking law was good as written. My issue with the new laws is that an unreasonable officer could potentially ticket you for driving in the left lane with no other vehicles in the immediate vicinity. Many of us elect to use the left lane because the right lane on so many roads is trashed by heavy truck traffic. Do I really have to remain in a frost heaved, potholed, rutted lane just to avoid getting pulled over by an a-hole with a grudge against the world (really probably less than 3% of all officers on the road)?

I'm one of those drivers who's acutely aware of what's happening all around me, even at distance. If I see you 10, 20 even 30 car lengths or more behind me and gaining ground, I'll move over before you even have to consider passing me on the right. If I'm overtaking on the rare smooth right lane, I'll move over long before you have to wonder why I'm coming up on you from behind. It's just a courteous way of driving IMO. If you're driving safe and courteous, there should never be PC for a traffic stop. That's just bad business. :(

Same here and I've never heard of anybody ever being ticketed for it. I also I drive in whatever lane is smoothest. I will continue to do so regardless of whether it's an offense or not because I do use all of my mirrors and don't block traffic, I get the hell out of the way. I may change my mind if I get a ticket for it, but I'll believe that when I see it. :rolleyes:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone is tailgating you in the not-left lane, then by all means, I wish we could drop tire spikes.
I never drive in the left lane unless I'm passing. I do get pissed when JAses in the left lane get way up on my ass when I am passing. I usually slow down and take my leisurely time passing in that case. I'm not really intimidated by dudes with penis envy driving jacked up full sized 3/4 ton trucks.

Don't get me wrong either. Its not like I wait till the last minute to pass someone. I get on the gas and pass. But some of these assholes doing 90mph think they won the road. I have no problems pissin them off

Latest posts

Top Bottom