So.... driving in the left lane will soon get ya a ticket!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wanna not be ticketed for dropping spikes outta my James Bond road spike deployment device because of some JA tailgating me.
Screen_Shot_2015-12-30_at_12.22.46_PM_large.png

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some state representative made some very compelling arguments as to why this is now on the books,,,
Every one of them was a somewhat valid point, even if a bit far fetched.

But what it really was meant to do is give a cop one more excuse to stop you and go on a fishing trip,,,
And that revenue generating thing they deny to high heaven.

It's total Bovine Excrement but there's not a dang thing we can do about it.

Aarond

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Count me as one who thought the left lane for overtaking law was good as written. My issue with the new laws is that an unreasonable officer could potentially ticket you for driving in the left lane with no other vehicles in the immediate vicinity. Many of us elect to use the left lane because the right lane on so many roads is trashed by heavy truck traffic. Do I really have to remain in a frost heaved, potholed, rutted lane just to avoid getting pulled over by an a-hole with a grudge against the world (really probably less than 3% of all officers on the road)?

I'm one of those drivers who's acutely aware of what's happening all around me, even at distance. If I see you 10, 20 even 30 car lengths or more behind me and gaining ground, I'll move over before you even have to consider passing me on the right. If I'm overtaking on the rare smooth right lane, I'll move over long before you have to wonder why I'm coming up on you from behind. It's just a courteous way of driving IMO. If you're driving safe and courteous, there should never be PC for a traffic stop. That's just bad business. :(
agreed...left-lane-campers who are blocking traffic need their asses fined off...but driving in left lane, alone and not blocking anyone, should be just fine

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many times when approaching a left turn, I'll get into the left lane as early and practical as I can. That may be as much as a mile. Same for when there is a right lane drop or the right lane becomes a right turn only lane. I hope there are some provisions for these
circumstances in the law.

Woody

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMFG. People can't go more than a few months without spewing off about left lane drivers. No one will admit this but people who worry about someone else driving in the left lane are self important.

Why would you care if I am driving in whatever lane? I tell you why, because you want to be driving in that lane going faster than me and you are more important than everyone else.

Lastly, THERE IS NO FAST LANE!. The speed limit is the same in all lanes. If I am driving the speed limit, I will drive wherever I want.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMFG. People can't go more than a few months without spewing off about left lane drivers. No one will admit this but people who worry about someone else driving in the left lane are self important.

Why would you care if I am driving in whatever lane? I tell you why, because you want to be driving in that lane going faster than me and you are more important than everyone else.

Lastly, THERE IS NO FAST LANE!. The speed limit is the same in all lanes. If I am driving the speed limit, I will drive wherever I want.

GOD Bless America.!

i.imgur.com_3ap6UpV.gif

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah, everyone is self-important, you included. But, there's more important reasons than that:

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone is self-important, you included. But, there's more important reasons than that:
So where's the hard core data for their statements @ 1:35? Were making laws now because of "chance"? Was this video produced by Al Gore productions?

Don't cloak this as a "safety" issue, it's a revenue maker. You know it, just admit it...

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am going slower than traffic then yes I will drive in the right lane to get out of peoples way who are driving the legal speed limit. if I am driving the maximum speed limit I will drive wherever I want because, if you are trying to pass me then you are speeding and that is not my concern.

What about 3-4 lane roads?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom