So glad I did!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who gave me input in my thread about being disrespectful to carry at a funeral I had to go to today, luckily I decided everyone here was right on.

And just to make you guys feel vindicated in anything you may think about it, here is my story:

I decided to carry my Ruger LCP, it wasn't as comforting as my Glock 30SF but it was better than a pointy stick or a stern word. LOL... I opted for the smaller of the two so that I wouldn't have any issues with her family, ect if it was felt/ noticed or whatever.

I am glad I did to because after and extremely long day starting at the funeral service and ending in Woodward at the graveside, we are heading back to the city for much needed rest. My wifes whole side of her fathers side went with us in two seperate vehicles to the funeral, so on the way back we stopped in Watonga at one of the two convience stores on the main street. My wife and one of her sisters and all the kids went into the store for drinks, ect. Out comes 3 dudes looky sorta shady and like they have a had a few drinks. I stayed in the van with my father in-law, one of the guys stops right in front of my sister in laws SUV and just stares at her through the windshield. I started thinking what a weirdo, but then the other two guys come over and all of them are just staring at her in the car, she is a pretty lady, and not hard on the eyes, and that appears to be what they noticed. At first I just watched them thinking they are just getting an eye full, but then they start making comments about her being hot, and should talk to her, ect. THIS IS when I got pretty nervous! LUCKILY just about that time the rest of my family walked out and the guys dispersed when they started walking toward the SUV. All I can say is this does make me think, even if you have to carry something really small like the LCP, make sure you have something a "little stronger" around you as well. even if it's in the vehicle and not on you!

This could have ended very ugly, thank God it diffused itself before I needed to act on anything. But it does make you think hard!

ALWAYS CARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your first mistake was stopping in Watonga.
I have to agree with this. I got food poisoning there along time ago. I have not eat there again.
As far as the funeral thing. I invite everyone to carry at mine. I have told my wife for years that it will also casual dress. I don't want a bunch of stiffs in suits at my funeral.

Latest posts

Top Bottom