So...I blew out my knee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:cry11: I kid you not, when it popped it sounded like someone worked the action on a pump shotgun. When I was flat on my fanny trying to straighten my leg, I thought getting shot might have hurt less.

Sitting down is now like a crash landing and getting back up is an act of Congress (red faces, lots of noise, but not much success.) Plus, I can't DRIVE because it's my right knee :grumble:

I haven't had the last word on how much damage there is. Too much swelling still.

So if I run over your toes in my motorized shopping cart, please forgive me...and maybe wear steel-toed boots for a while.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maggie that is exactly how mine felt when it let go. I was playing indoor soccer, turned to plant and was pushed from behind. When all of the weight hit the ground my ACL snapped. It felt like a huge band inside of my leg snapped, I feel down instantly and yell enough profanities to make a 20 year sailor blush.

In the end, completely torn ACL, torn lateral meniscus, bruised the bones on the femur and tibia, and sprained most of the ligaments in the knee. I went with a aliograft, had a stitch put in to secure the meniscus and took almost 6 weeks of solid rehab and another 4 months before I was back to good again.

Dr Calvin Johnson did mine, he is my brother in laws dad and I would highly recommend him.

Last edited:

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there, twice. Calvert Johnson did my first in 93 and Robert Hines did my second in 2002. Second time was much worse, and took a lot longer to heal due to being older. My heart goes out to you. Hoping for the best too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom