I made Erica and Rita cry. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well now that I am feeling much better, let me explain what happened.

Last Thursday (16th) my girls took me out to eat. It was a rare day for me. In the last few months I have not been doing well (have only been out of the house one day) and that day I was feeling great. Those are often the days that bite me big time. By feeling well I have a bad habit of letting my guard down.

We had dinner and I teased both girls endlessly, it's my job, lots of laughing and fun. All went fine, right up to leaving to go to the truck. While chatting with Erica I caught my toe on the sidewalk, toe droop on both feet and because I was feeling good I left the silly braces out of my shoes because they are hot.

When the toe caught, I tipped forward, the result was a dislocated hip. Now this time was different, I caught the metal guard railing and did not fall. That was good because I know that parking lot looked really hot.

So I am left with my cane on the ground and standing with my right hip twisted. I looked down and though "oh crap" my foot was turned almost 180*, yep it was pointing behind me. The way I was stuck at the railing I could not tip far enough to get my foot off the ground so the hip could rotate back around. Honestly I looked like an oversized fool acting like a silly kid on the railing. To top it off the truck was 4 spaces away.

Well first thing, I ask Erica to pull the truck up right next to me. Then with help from both of my girls my plan was to lean as far as I could and have then turn my foot back to the front. I know as soon as it get close it will "snap" back into place. Well in the rush to help they twisted my foot he wrong way.

I let out a yelp like a dog kicked in the butt, I did not mean to but it was just a shock I was not ready for. Both of my girls started to cry because they hurt me. Umm no they did not, just a bit of a surprise. They got the foot pointing to the front and sure enough it made that sick noise and it "smooshed" back into it's normal place.

No matter what I have told them, and I think they understand, it still tears me up knowing I caused them to cry. It is bad enough they were needed to help with the leg, that itself upsets them. They know what the pain will be like for me in the next few days, nothing I can do about that but they feel bad. My squawking just made it worse.

I have been chewed out by everyone who thinks they can do so because I did not go to the ER. BTDT many times, I can tell when I am good or if I need to see a Dr.

The next day what hurt me the most was my shoulder and ribs, I am guessing from grabbing the rail and catching my not so small amount of weight. The ribs still hurt.

This is the kind of thing that hurts me so much knowing Erica has to deal with EDS also, I would do anything to keep her from having this mess.

Well it is 10min to 5, cant lay in bed yet due to shoulder/ribs on one side and hip on the other, may get a cat nap in my chair just about the time I have to be awake for some silly reason, like the nurse that comes to check me.
mausercentral.com_forum_images_smilies_icon_smile.gif

Later folks, David.

Latest posts

Top Bottom