so i made another video. Headshot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was pretty nice out this morning so i went out and made another video. my second one so far. it was a little windy and made a little part of it hard to hear, but other than that i think it turned out alright. let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That wind is crazy loud up to 1:15. Looks like you're having too much fun down in Lawton. lol I went out and shot as well today. It was beautiful out. Mainly just sighting in. Not really having fun like you obviously were.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea, the wind kinda messed up the video on that one part. i think i accidentally had the mic facing the wind or something, but i just got this camera about 2 weeks ago, so im still getting use to it. yea ive been having fun shooting lately. now im just trying to think of what i can shoot next, lol. actually i think ill probably try shooting at 400 yards tomorrow just for the hell of it. 300 is actually the longest ive shot, but ive got a target marked out to 400, i just havent tried it out yet. thats my plan for tomorrow if its not to windy.

BDSolutionsArdmore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't let the wind be a damper on shooting. Do you have anything on your range to judge wind speed and direction? If not find some way to judge it and starting learning how wind effects POI for the platforms you enjoy shooting. Doing the research and then putting it to use in the field is AWESOME. It may be frustrating at first but trust me when you make that first shot at 400...500...600...800 or even a 1000 meters (if your interested in going that far) into a swirling wind and hear that gong you will smile trust me.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice video. Did you use a Gopro? I would love to learn how to shoot long rang shots, I dont know how to adjust for windage and elevation based on field conditions.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i wish i had a gopro. i was using a Canon PoweShot ELPH 100 HS for the HD recording, but the close up camera on the target is just an old Kodak EasyShare camera thats about 7 years old and doesnt record in HD. ive been lookin for another small HD camera, like a Flip or something like that so i can record the on target view in HD as well.

and BDSolutions, your right. i was only shooting at 300 yards, but knowing that i made the adjustment and the bullet flew through the air and moved from right to left in flight and nailed the target was pretty damn good feeling. if i would have adjusted the scope before taking any shots, i woulda just been guessing, but after the first shot it wasnt to hard to figure. i hit about 5 inches left so i adjusted the windage 7 clicks for 5.25 inches. i dont have anything set up to judge wind, but thats a good idea. ill put something up next time i go shoot, either today or next weekend.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also try to find a wind screen for your mic. if you can't find anything then a 1/4 inch thick piece(s) of open weave material will do wonders

ill try this and see if it helps. what would u suggest i use? like a piece of a sock, or shirt, or what kind of material do u think would work best to block the wind, but not muffle the sound to much?

Latest posts

Top Bottom