So I'm getting my own little shooting range sorta...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heck @Aries York is the big city! Their population is about 7,850 and is the closest Walmart that I mentioned. It's about an hour south of where I'll be. If coming in late, I'd always stop there for "rations" since the smaller grocery stores close to home wouldn't be open.

As far as pheasant hunting....well that is not what it used to be in our area. They're coming back out west but haven't made it that far east yet. I was up there last month or so for opening week and we only saw one hen and a covey of quail.

We have a friend with lots of land who has let me deer hunt in the past so I'm hoping I can get in again moving forward and do some meat harvesting. It would be nice to get a few deer and turkey each year.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm happy for you and a bit jealous too if I'm being honest. It doesn't get any better, at least in my opinion, than living out in the country and being able to walk outside and shoot on your own land is the icing on the cake. With any luck we'll be doing the same thing as you in a couple of years. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Honesty, I was a little saddened by this. You’re such a positive presence here on OSA. Please don’t be a stranger and I wish you all the luck in the world!
That being said, I’m a little jealous. That place looks like a little slice of heaven. I wish Mrs dlbleak wasn’t such a city girl sometimes.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations , We have 1 life to live so live it the best you can and enjoy what comes your way. I'd ask you to consider giving your $ to little shops and not wal mart. And yes your going to need a pick'em truck. This new way of life that you now face should prove to your benefit. Your mind and body should both stay busy which is a good thing IMO. As said already, keep in touch and take us along for the upcoming adventure.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had been to Nebraska a number of times in the past. Wife's folks even had a ranch up there for a spell, although it was further north and west than where you will be.

It came as a surprise to me as we were driving through Nebraska last year to go to South Dakota that Nebraska even has a national forest.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously? You're leaving Oklahoma?!?!?! How dare you!

LOL! Please do keep in touch. You will be sorely missed. Wishing you the very best. It looks like a great opportunity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom