So it begins! Everyones FAVORITE Senator, Schumer, is at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost hope they pass this. It's political suicide and I say go for it. We might get a little "house cleaning" done this way and just repeal it next year.

Good thought but one must ask. When's the last time anything got repealed that mattered. AWB - nope - that sunset. And thinking about it the Dems lost control of congress because of the AWB - did the Repubs repeal it. Nope. Tried but couldn't get the votes.

Once something becomes law its pretty much law forever. Heck - we're still paying taxes that were created to help pay for WWI that never got repealed after that dust-up was won.

So counting on getting something repealed is not a good tactic IMO.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for some consumers.

http://thehill.com/video/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure

At least they called them high capacity magazines and not high speed clips...

The amendment was sponsored by Democratic Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.)

This idea is from Obama. He is letting the Democratic Senators, who are not up for re-election this year except for Menendez, float the trial ballon before he adds his lawn chair to the party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom