So, MSMA (aka the best crabgrass killer out there) was taken off the market or what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking for some of this stuff last weekend to get a few of the spots on my lawn and talked to several places (including feed-stores, etc.) and no one has any in-stock. Apparently, you have to have some sort of chemical-handlers/sprayers permit to get it now... WTF?

I can still find it online, but I can't find it in any of the local places. Is that legit or not? What sucks is that I missed out on the heat of Sunday (was hoping to use that heat along with my spray to wilt the few crab-grass spots and wild-onions I've got).

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was pulled a couple years ago now...I bought a few extra gallons about 2 years ago when I found out it would be getting harder to get....

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend was telling me about a concontion of ..gin ,dishwashing liquid and something else ....Ill ask later..says it does wonders on weeds and crabgrass and its enviro friendly.
The good part...when your done ...you drink the rest of the gin (DONT drink it mixed with DW soap)...and you dont care about the crabbygrass annemorree. ;)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't bought any since the restrictions. Still have 20 gallons of it. Call your local coop elevator. They will tell you what is needed. I believe it has to be bought in 5 gallon quantities? Don't hold me to that.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend was telling me about a concontion of ..gin ,dishwashing liquid and something else ....Ill ask later..says it does wonders on weeds and crabgrass and its enviro friendly.
The good part...when your done ...you drink the rest of the gin (DONT drink it mixed with DW soap)...and you dont care about the crabbygrass annemorree. ;)

I like the idea of enviro friendly. Saw something about a vinegar/mix,am gonna check it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom