So, my M&P 22 went full auto...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your friendly ATF agents were probably doing this...
i1058.photobucket.com_albums_t414_3inSlugger_atf.jpg

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the 90's the Winchester model 100 rifles were recalled after 30 years of production because of too many cases of fully automatic fire. They told the owners to return the original firing pins to them for safety and they sent a new pin and $40 for a gunsmith to put it in. SOME people kept the old pins and inserted the new ones themselves so they could keep the 40 dollars.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While that Lawmaster raid is scarry, I dont think you have much to worry about with this post. Especially with the bump-fire devices like the SSAR Slide fire stock out there which are approved. You can dump 30 rounds in 2 seconds using in and there are people all over ar15.com and youtube doing just that and no raids have been reported.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While that Lawmaster raid is scarry, I dont think you have much to worry about with this post. Especially with the bump-fire devices like the SSAR Slide fire stock out there which are approved. You can dump 30 rounds in 2 seconds using in and there are people all over ar15.com and youtube doing just that and no raids have been reported.

You do not understand the difference between the two issues. The bumfire stock still only allows one round to be fired per trigger pull. The stock just allows you to pull the trigger more rapidly. That is why these stock are currently approved. What the OP mentioned is his rifle was emptying the mag on a SINGLE pull of the trigger which by BATFE definition is a machinegun. While they would not necessarily go after someone for a malfunctioning gun, they would if you kept it that way.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While they would not necessarily go after someone for a malfunctioning gun, they would if you kept it that way.

And BATF did secure a conviction for the same issue in Federal Court ( conviction was upheld on appeal)
The first time is a malfunction; all subsequent firings are intentionally having an illegal fully automatic weapon, was essentially the BATF case.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You would think so...but you'd be wrong. Very wrong. :(

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I understand the legal difference in the two situations clearly. Perhaps what I should have been more clear about was that the fact that he made a POST about a malfunctioning gun on a web forum is no more likely to get him a BATF raid than posting videos of simulated full auto fire with the slide fire stocks. Especially where he is talking about sending it in to get repaired. I wasn't saying not to worry about keeping the gun like that, I was saying don't worry about a raid from making a post about a malfunctioning gun.

The ATF is not making raid decisions based solely off incidental posts on web forums. If they had outside or other corroboration that a person has illegal arms that would be different. As in the Lawmaster case where they had a statement under oath from his ex-wife

Latest posts

Top Bottom