So this was weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to take a pic of 100% gas being $2.77 at Casey’s. When I turned my cam on, it looked like this through the phone. I turned it off and back on just to see if it was a fluke. It did it three times in a row. Was really strange to look at the phone and see it blinking but not with my naked eyes

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to take a pic of 100% gas being $2.77 at Casey’s. When I turned my cam on, it looked like this through the phone. I turned it off and back on just to see if it was a fluke. It did it three times in a row. Was really strange to look at the phone and see it blinking but not with my naked eyes
View attachment 437479
Lots of things do that, like your computer screen, and mine, TV sets, etc. Persistence of vision is what they called it back in the day. They seem to have changed the names of every other **** thing, so it may be called something different now. The flashing is supposed to be fast enough, and on long enough, that you can't tell it's flashing. Cameras didn't have as much trouble with that, which was why the photos I used to take of a TV screen didn't look right. Digital cameras are apparently better able to see it than film cameras were. When you look at a TV or video monitor, the "Refresh Rate" is how fast the individual dots are blinking. Some humans can see a flicker in 60hz refresh rate TV's and such. And some TV's & monitors do 120hz refresh rates now. Persistence of vision - Wikipedia
Refresh rate - Wikipedia

And an ad I found says some monitors now do refresh rates up to 244hz.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_3729.jpeg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate that also, some vehicle tail lights bug me. Be looking one direction and then sweep across to glance another direction and all I see is little dots during my scan. Nasty.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reality, what a concept! Remember the first time I put on my Hoffman Lenses. The contact lenses are much better, doesn't feel like a knife twisting in my skull. Rotating the bezel on my Rolex, bye for now...

Latest posts

Top Bottom