So what are you BBQing this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy at work's mother is an administrator for the OKC FD. He called her and asked if charcoal and gas grills were OK to use in OKC.

She checked and told him emphatically NO! OKC's burn ban is not the county's burn ban.

Hahahahaha...of course if you call and ask them they will say over the phone that its not allowed. But they have made no effort to post such a restriction via the OKC web site.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our Friday nights are usually eat out nights and then Saturday,Sundays are our grillin days. Some butthole on here recommended Dooleys Angus Inn in BA not too long ago for a good steak on a 'lookin for a good steak' thread so I take my wife there and now she liked it so much she thinks its our every Friday night spot. But this next time the 'baby'- a 14 yr old kid close to 6' and 185lbs and can eat a horse- is stayin home this go round. 3 of us went thru a hundred dollar bill plus some in nothing flat- appetizers,wine,ribeyes,14 layer chocolate cake,etc. Freakin good assed steak though,the butthole was right on about that place having some seriously good food...

Saturday if it isnt raining I want to grill up some sausages,Atomic Buffalo and Dragon turds,and some weiners. I love beef brisket and pork ribs smoked but bein from Cali I also like a good piece of beef tri-tip smoked to make BBQ sandwiches with ( be great for my weekend of NBA basketball playoff games to go along with the Snowshoe brew pub wheat ale I brought back from Cali a few weeks ago), but have no idea where to find the cut around here. My meat shop outside Coweta doesnt have em,guess I might have to go drag Tulsa meat shops- Bruners,Heberts,Perrys,Conrows/Mid Town,etc...

Sunday Im getting drug to the in-laws for the big ham and fixins with the relatives dinner for Easter.

Im a Head Country man all the way cause we have family connections but mostly cause I like their hot BBQ sauce but the wifes been buyin the Sweet Baby Rays sauces and I like em.

Tri Tips are for sure a West Coast item.....but they can be had in Oklahoma as well.....just not as common....Have you checked at a Reasor's store? If they don't have any I know they can get them from their supplier....

As for the sauce, the only store bought one I like is Stubb's.... I don't care for the sweet sauces so much....but they are popular in this part of the country.

I will be smoking ribs today, and salmon tomorrow....

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a Head Country man all the way cause we have family connections but mostly cause I like their hot BBQ sauce but the wifes been buyin the Sweet Baby Rays sauces and I like em.

I've been a Head Country man for quite some time. But the girlfriend is a Sweet Baby Ray's fan. So I have to be careful in picking my bbq sauce battles. But I have relented to the acceptance of Sweet Baby Ray's Raspberry Chipotle.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for asking! I'm taking Sunday off. All Van's Pig Stands will be closed on Easter to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

As far as at home goes. My in-laws are likely to be doing all the food preparation so, I'll just eat, talk and relax.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever my Wives want!
apopculturenerd.files.wordpress.com_2010_01_biglove.jpg

teamacacia

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked up my new big green egg and I'm looking forward to firin' her up this weekend. Have not decided what to cook just yet, but I'm thinking about smoking a chicken and grilling some burgers

Latest posts

Top Bottom