Social Security Offices Still Closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally after a week of trying, got ahold of the local SS office by phone. Still not accepting any appointments and you have to mail in your physical drivers license, to get a replacement card. Can't do that just yet as I need my license for the concealed carry class I'm doing Saturday. Grrr, government agencies that are not accountable to anyone.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No and if i stick with the time line as my parents and grandparents i still have around 30 to 35 more years but im not planning on getting on no stupid plane if i cant get there by car dont need to go and the only reason you need a real ID is for travel.
Whew! Good News!

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally after a week of trying, got ahold of the local SS office by phone. Still not accepting any appointments and you have to mail in your physical drivers license, to get a replacement card. Can't do that just yet as I need my license for the concealed carry class I'm doing Saturday. Grrr, government agencies that are not accountable to anyone.
I would never mail my DL to anyone, make a copy of the front and back and send to them, because without it you wont be allow to drive so how you going to get around to go to work, get groceries and other personal things you need to do. I hope your not planning on sitting at home waiting for them to mail it back to you cause if you are your heirs may get it after your dead and gone.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only had to know my SSN. Wife only had copy of her Georgia birth cert. She had to order one online. We took it back 2 months later and after waiting for 3 hrs had to have all the other cr@p to go with it . Total of 3 trips and about 6 hrs....Good news it it is 8 yr license.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the 8 year license is only for the senior citizens.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I must be blessed from clean livin' (yeah right!) because I've had nothing but great experiences on the phone with SS and Medicare folks both locally and in Philadelphia.
I cannot say great things about the knowledge of the local folks face to face and that's the reason the woman from Philadelphia called me.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would never mail my DL to anyone, make a copy of the front and back and send to them, because without it you wont be allow to drive so how you going to get around to go to work, get groceries and other personal things you need to do. I hope your not planning on sitting at home waiting for them to mail it back to you cause if you are your heirs may get it after your dead and gone.
There is a license phone app you can install that will scan your license, verify it with the DMV and let you hand your phone to the nice officer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom