Social Security Offices Still Closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would never mail my DL to anyone, make a copy of the front and back and send to them, because without it you wont be allow to drive so how you going to get around to go to work, get groceries and other personal things you need to do. I hope your not planning on sitting at home waiting for them to mail it back to you cause if you are your heirs may get it after your dead and gone.
The tag agent gives you a paper license when applying for a real ID. Works for them.
If I did have to mail my DL in, I think I would take pics of both sides with the phone and store it in the library.
Ok hunting/fishing license used to require the original copy to be carried in the field. Now a pic works if I remember right and it is of both sides. I know most states we visit are doing that now as well.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong! The above is Bogus Information
GO Online and SS will mail you a replacement card in 7-10 Days
(I live in OK and it works)
False, it states it on the website and if you talk to the SS staff at both the local and national lines they will tell you. I also signed up for an account and tried it anyway and Oklahoma does not work. I don't know why you are insisting on spreading false information.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We REALLY need a set down, but I am hesitant because they aren't there to actually help people, just shuffle papers.

I am going to full retirement, 1 year to go.
With Wif health problems, we went to see about her drawing early. Question is:
draw on hers, until I can draw, then, can she switch to draw on mine?
Or, just wait to draw on mine. Which will be reduced, because she will not be full retirement age for 2 1/2 years.
Or, wait to full retirement age to draw on mine? Would it be at reduced, because of drawing on hers?
Or, just draw on mine now?

Looking to maximize, but online is 0 help.

What say ye olde goats?
Bud I'll ask inside source for ya. 👍

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm wondering who sent me my replacement since i done it online and got it in the mail. and only had to download a photo of the DL and Birth cert. But then i already had a online account created for a few years.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you just need the SS Card for Real ID you can give the number to them and verify via W-2, or a few other ways. I got a Real ID in about 10 minutes, but had to make an appointment via website for Classen Tag Agency - Monday morning via website starting around 8-8:30, and the week filled up fast. Not sure now.. Passport will trump all, so no need to jump through hoops. My wife has to prove 2 name changes before our marriage license 26 years ago.. this is crap, Passport will be easier to get then a REAL ID. I’m sure most have seen requirements for Real ID.. but blast you again = (apologies for lengthy msg..)
p.s. Real ID to get on airplane or ANY Federal Building.. heck might be extended again.. 2025 would work for me!
1648062664337.jpeg

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok if she is 50 and disabled by Social Security and her spouse was drawing or she was widowed she could draw off of spouse. Since that is not the case she has to wait until he is drawing and she has to be retirement age. Then she could potentially draw off of his and let her sit

Latest posts

Top Bottom