Social Security Offices Still Closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you just need the SS Card for Real ID you can give the number to them and verify via W-2, or a few other ways. I got a Real ID in about 10 minutes, but had to make an appointment via website for Classen Tag Agency - Monday morning via website starting around 8-8:30, and the week filled up fast. Not sure now.. Passport will trump all, so no need to jump through hoops. My wife has to prove 2 name changes before our marriage license 26 years ago.. this is crap, Passport will be easier to get then a REAL ID. I’m sure most have seen requirements for Real ID.. but blast you again = (apologies for lengthy msg..)
p.s. Real ID to get on airplane or ANY Federal Building.. heck might be extended again.. 2025 would work for me!
View attachment 261094
I got my real ID the other day in a few minutes. Had that checklist in hand with the proper documentation. Took about 15 minutes to go through the process with no need for an appointment.
I hate having to carry that folded up paper document they give you for a DL in my wallet. Been two weeks and nothing has shown up yet for a replacement card.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my real ID the other day in a few minutes. Had that checklist in hand with the proper documentation. Took about 15 minutes to go through the process with no need for an appointment.
I hate having to carry that folded up paper document they give you for a DL in my wallet. Been two weeks and nothing has shown up yet for a replacement card.

If I remember right, ours took about 2 weeks or so to come in the mail.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Mine took about 2 weeks as well. I got mine last summer, and the little local TA I use hated doing them. It took about 15 minutes to go thru it all, but making an appointment was like having a tooth pulled, thru your butthole, wide awake. She only took appointments 1 day a month for the following month, and she was only doing like 6 a day, one day each week, for the whole month. She told me I was one of the last she was doing, because she wasn't going to do them anymore. They acted like it was just the most painful thing they'd ever done. Didn't seem like that big a deal to me, but I have zero experience working in a Tag Agency. Maybe it was just awful, but I didn't really see it being that big of a deal.

Fast forward to a couple months ago. I needed to renew a tag and while I was in there there were a bunch of people sitting around with all the paperwork in hand waiting. Lots of 'em. So I asked one of the gals that worked there "what's the deal, I thought the boss said she wasn't gonna do anymore of those". She informed me that whomever is in charge of the Agencies said if they wanted to keep the agency they were gonna keep doing them, and they needed to be a lot nicer about it and the way they had been doing it was no longer gonna cut it. So, they had a couple couches full of folks waiting with paperwork in hand to get their real ID. I found that somewhat amusing.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Copy the ID/Drivers license and have it notarized as a " true copy" and send that in to the authorities.. They'll accept that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom