Some days it just doesn’t pay to light a bulls horns on fire 🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been treated like that more than once by bulls and all I was doing was loading them up lol.
I'd left home before Dad got an intact bull. But we had a pet steer, T-bone, until he died of pneumonia when I was 12 or so. He was a sweetie, and my little brother & sisters all loved to pet and play with him. All thousand pounds or so of him. Holstein bull when we got him. Dad did the work on him, planning to eat him. Sisters put a stop to that. He was about 5 or 6 when he got sick, and died.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude was probably already dead by then. Massive trauma. IIRC, the toreador, or bullfighter, get the bull's ears if it's particularly brave. I always wanted the bull to get the toreador's ears. Grew up in SoCal, and bullfighting was still a thing there, now and then. Was a movie I saw in the theater sometime in the 60's, about a kid who raises a fighting bull, not knowing that that means for the bull. I was around the age of the kid in the movie...

We can only hope ... :grumble:

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude was probably already dead by then. Massive trauma. IIRC, the toreador, or bullfighter, get the bull's ears if it's particularly brave. I always wanted the bull to get the toreador's ears. Grew up in SoCal, and bullfighting was still a thing there, now and then. Was a movie I saw in the theater sometime in the 60's, about a kid who raises a fighting bull, not knowing that that means for the bull. I was around the age of the kid in the movie...
His head hit hard when he flipped prob dead on impact. But maybe not.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember watching a televised bull fight when I was a kid. It was when I discovered there was more to a bull fight than a bull running and missing the red blanket like in cartoons. Yeah they kind of left part of it out. It was kind of sickening to me then, and still is. Pointless and stupid.

Good on the bull stomping the sh*t out of that guy.
I watched one years ago and was pretty surprised myself . . . I was cheering for the bulls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom