Someone might be in trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see. Is the 40 rnd mag legal? I remember reading something about outlawing high-cap mags.

There is no federal limit on mag capacity. At least a couple companies make 100 rd mags for AR's and I know of one that makes 275 rd drums for a .22. There are cities and states with local limits on capacity though.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why get involved? If it looks sketchy, why wouldn't you just stay away?

Why not? Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and if the person really dosnt know that what he is doing is illegal then why not try to give him a heads up? All I said in the Email is that if it is not a registered SBR he may face prison time.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not? Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and if the person really dosnt know that what he is doing is illegal then why not try to give him a heads up? All I said in the Email is that if it is not a registered SBR he may face prison time.

OK. My bad. I thought you were going to mess with him because you thought it was a set up. Sorry. My faith in humanity is pretty low. It never crossed my mind you might be trying to help him. Yikes, what does that say about me?

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah some folks just don't know so it's good that you are not being a blue falcon and letting the person know, I hate when I do something wrong and not know that I was all ate up and then I find out there were 5 people watching me do it and they knew I was doing it wrong but I guess they are to uppity to let a person know that they are 180 out.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK. My bad. I thought you were going to mess with him because you thought it was a set up. Sorry. My faith in humanity is pretty low. It never crossed my mind you might be trying to help him. Yikes, what does that say about me?

Its cool, I have a buddy who was told by a "ex-cop friend that works a heartland" (dont know which employee) that it was ok to put a Sig foward grip flashlight combo on a PLR-16 which is a keltec ar15 pistol. I assured him it was illegal to put a forgrip on a pistol and makes it AOW.
He assured me that it was ok as the ex-cop actually installed it on the gun for him and went and shot it on the "cop range" and no cops said a thing about it. He is currently carrying it loaded in his truck, the prison time he might face didnt seem to slow him from doing it. I also suggested he talk to Steave at Cold Hand for reference, but he didnt seem willing. He's a good guy but gullibal so it seems. I tried, maybe this time it will stick.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its cool, I have a buddy who was told by a "ex-cop friend that works a heartland" (dont know which employee) that it was ok to put a Sig foward grip flashlight combo on a PLR-16 which is a keltec ar15 pistol. I assured him it was illegal to put a forgrip on a pistol and makes it AOW.
He assured me that it was ok as the ex-cop actually installed it on the gun for him and went and shot it on the "cop range" and no cops said a thing about it. He is currently carrying it loaded in his truck, the prison time he might face didnt seem to slow him from doing it. I also suggested he talk to Steave at Cold Hand for reference, but he didnt seem willing. He's a good guy but gullibal so it seems. I tried, maybe this time it will stick.

Sucks that your friend is intent on listening to his LEO friend who if is telling him this info is very wrong. Ignorance is not an excuse and the ATF will have a field day with him if he is ever caught.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah some folks just don't know so it's good that you are not being a blue falcon and letting the person know, I hate when I do something wrong and not know that I was all ate up and then I find out there were 5 people watching me do it and they knew I was doing it wrong but I guess they are to uppity to let a person know that they are 180 out.

Blue Falcon. I haven't heard that term in years. I used it right after I joined the Air National Guard and they just looked at me like I was crazy. We used it alot in the Navy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom