Someone needs to post an informative thread on Short Barrel Rifle guidelines...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. An OVERALL length of 16". But if it's not pinned and welded or soldered, it's still a NO GO.

Just because XYZ AR parts house sells 10.5", 12",14.5" barrels, does not make it "LEGAL" to build in to that length config rifle without the proper tax stamps, configurations(no buttstock, pistol config) or whatever.

I have a couple SBRs, I know the process and the silly little rules. I'm just getting you to make an informative thread on guidelines.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You all are trying to explain while his rifle is illegal to sell and be just does not get it. Hopefully someone without a badge will explain it in a way he can understand.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless it's a sawed off shotgun I don't think the average street cop would even pay much attention. When I was a cop if I'd seen an SBR I'd probably just have said "Cool, where'd you get that?". I never paid much attention to the whole NFA thing cause it was a federal law.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For any kind of question I may have, especially if the results of me misinterpreting it incorrectly, could land me in prison, or financially break my family...........I seek advise here, on the OSA General Forum!

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't be a smartass. I gave links to the ATF info. If that isn't good enough for you then you can bury your head in the sand with the guy that posted his illegal sbr in the classifieds.
I personally don't want people that care about the 2A to get hammered because of uneducation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom