Something Texas did right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean the U.N. and Obama and the Mexican government couldn't over power justice. I'm sorry but if I went to Mexico and did this no one would have even cared(U.N. and Obama). You do the crime then you know.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean the U.N. and Obama and the Mexican government couldn't over power justice. I'm sorry but if I went to Mexico and did this no one would have even cared(U.N. and Obama). You do the crime then you know.

Yes, but Mexico does not need the votes to be re-elected. This way, Obama can atleast tell the hispanic/Mexican voters that he tried.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont get it, so some people think he should have a certain level of immunity because he is an illegal citizen?

I dont care who you are, where you are from, or what color your skin is. Nobody that does something like that deserves to live. I would expect the same thing if the situation was reversed.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont get it, so some people think he should have a certain level of immunity because he is an illegal citizen?

it's not a matter of him being illegal or not, nor is it about levels of immunity. The issue at the heart of the matter was whether he was denied his rights under the Vienna Convention because the local authorities failed to tell him he was entitled to consult his consulate for legal assistance.

Many perceive it as an issue of state's rights vs. international treaties. Does Texas, or any other state, have to abide by international agreements that the US has entered into.

The "think of the children" argument being made is will this open US citizens up to similar treatment when arrested abroad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom