Something Texas did right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get it... everyone's making a fuss that the prosecution didn't hold this man's hand and call his consulate for him...

WHERE THE HELL WAS HIS DEFENSE ATTORNEY???? Isn't that the job of the DEFENSE? Turning over evidence is the responsibility of the prosecution, NOT aiding in the defense!

I'm more outraged that this 21 year-old animal raped and murdered a young girl and was allowed to feed and fatten for another 17 years on the dime of the taxpayer, not to mention the millions probably spent on his defense, before he was put out of OUR misery.

Granted... he did eventually get what was given, but I certainly wouldn't call it a victory for our justice system. :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This animal was convicted in 1995, 16 years ago. He had numerous appeals:

Texas Court of Criminal Appeals 1998
US Supreme Court 1999
Texas Court of Criminal Appeals again 1999
Federal District Court 1999
US Supreme Court 2006
Texas Court 2006
Federal District Court 2007
US Supreme Court 2008
Federal District Court 2011
Supreme Court 2011

He lost every time. Many of the appeals specifically related to the consulate notification issue. The fact that he wasn't advised that he was entitled to consult with some guy from the Mexican consulate has been addressed, multiple times. Being a foreign national on our soil if he was too dumb to ask for consulate representation, then screw him.

Any bananna republic that would use this decision against American citizens is probably already on the bubble when it comes to fair/ethical legal proceedings and corruption. You are already on thin ice just being there.

Don't act stupid, be polite, know the local laws, don't kill and rape people, and memorize the consulate/embassy phone number.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"But Mom, all of the other kids are doing it!" :rolleyes2
imagesCAPQEK8M.jpg

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can rememeber go to TJ in the late 80's and being told that we had to be back across the border before dark. After dark it would get real bad. One of my buddies said he was worry about getting thrown in jail because he'll take extra cash and buy his way out. Then one of the older guys told him that cash would disappear once he was arrested. I can remember my buddy telling me that he was getting mugged by some thugs and took off running and found a cop down there and they mugged him. I was lucky I didn't go that day. The key to the story is don't get arrested. It didn't matter if you were innocent or guilty, it was all the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom