Something Texas did right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To piggyback off of Cards81fan just a bit.

Its a bit ironic that politicians throw integrity and our laws under the bus to pander for votes yet if they actually had a spine and stood up for whats right and prosecute bastards like that they could stand to gain far more. (Maybe or maybe not im just thinking aloud)

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understood that he wasn't denied, but rather he wasn't advised he could seek, consular assistance. Two distinct differences
Duly noted and you are correct.
When it is an American sitting in a jail in Tegucigalpa though they will probably be outright denied and not just neglected to inform.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say is.....DON'T get thrown in jail in Mexico!!! I was incarcerated for 6 days in Ensenada, Baja Mexico. Hmmm..about 1982, it was. All I did was start a fight with another American in a bar...Hussong's Cantina. Out of the woodwork...there were 3-4 police with batons. They inflected more damage on me and the other guy,than our fight.
No phone calls, no nothing except being in a large cell with others who were drunk or who knows what else.

Finally, my family gathered up some cash....little over or around $10,000 and all charges were dropped and I was a free man....imagine that...just for being drunk and fighting.

Texas has alot of things right and going for them as a state. Capitol punishmemt in Texas is on the fast track. Heck, there isn't a waiting line....they've got the express lane.

Mexico use to be a nice place to vacation...Cancun,Cozumel.....etc. or a place to let it all hang out...Laredo /Boy's town, Tiajuana, Ensenada....not any more.
This old cowboy stays on the El Norte side of the border.
Cobiba

***Am I the poster child for Sooner State Pawn??? Seems that most to all of my postings advertise for them. Hey...how about a royalty or percentage of the money for advertising in my post!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom