Sons of Guns Season Premiere tonight at 8:00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my interest started to wane with all the bs "insider lingo" and with them asking questions like "whoa! what is that" when even I know, and I'm not in the business, but all that I could let slide as trying to educate viewers.

However, when Will asked the new guy "Do you know how to work a TIG? <subtitles explaining the insider lingo 'TIG'> Let's see what you got" and handed him a MIG torch, I shut off the TV, stood up, and walked out...

I know I'm a hater, but if you don't know the difference between a MIG and a TIG, you have no business in a machine shop...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my interest started to wane with all the bs "insider lingo" and with them asking questions like "whoa! what is that" when even I know, and I'm not in the business, but all that I could let slide as trying to educate viewers.

However, when Will asked the new guy "Do you know how to work a TIG? <subtitles explaining the insider lingo 'TIG'> Let's see what you got" and handed him a MIG torch, I shut off the TV, stood up, and walked out...

I know I'm a hater, but if you don't know the difference between a MIG and a TIG, you have no business in a machine shop...

I totally agree. Some of the scripting on the last episode was just about as bad.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still watch but that show is like all the other reality shows on lately. Looked on their website and saw that they have a gunsmithing package for Golani rifles, so I email them some questions because I wanted to send them mine to work on. That was last season, they never replied back. I guess they are too busy making tv shows instead of looking for gunsmithing work. Talked some guys on another forum that deals only with Galil and Golani rifles, same thing no replies to their emails. Go figure.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still watch but that show is like all the other reality shows on lately. Looked on their website and saw that they have a gunsmithing package for Golani rifles, so I email them some questions because I wanted to send them mine to work on. That was last season, they never replied back. I guess they are too busy making tv shows instead of looking for gunsmithing work. Talked some guys on another forum that deals only with Galil and Golani rifles, same thing no replies to their emails. Go figure.

I seen one of their guys posted on the gunco.net forums that they're introducing a super duper tacticool red jacket 1911 for the low low price of $1800...
I wish someone would give me a show so I could get away with overcharging for my work...

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just finished SOG...... OMG I muttered through the whole thing. I commented to the wife, "surely they can't be this ignorant, it's gotta be the edditing crew at discovery". Though the more I watch the less I beleive that. Oh yeah Ditto on the email thing, the turds never emailed me back either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom