Sooo..... How does everyone feel about this statement???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone that gets their door kicked in by anyone LEO or not is gonna have a bad night. No matter what decision you make in that split second is gonna get second guessed for the rest of your life.

For me if someone is yelling police it will most likely give me pause. Not much of one though. I hope I am quick enough to make the right decision.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that if you shoot a police officer that kicked in your door based on bad Intel, you'll be accidentally shot in the back of the head if you try to surrender.

I disagree. There are too many cameras these days. I'm not saying it hasn't or couldn't happen, but it's far less likely.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same for me. I'm not saying that those who happen to engage in illegal activities that might draw a LE response to their home don't deserve to be secure in their persons and effects, because they do. What they don't have is the surety that someone entering their home by force is doing so in violation their constitutional rights. It MAY be a lawful entry based on a supportable search warrant.

If LE mistakenly targets my house for a dynamic entry warrant service (performed covertly), it's going to be an ugly event. If they mistakenly believed they had a legitimate reason to perform warrant service at my residence, I would hope their intel to be good enough to recognize the significant dangers inherent in that situation and work smarter, not harder.

I can't think of very many instances where they should be allowed to make forced entry into any residence. The only scenarios I can see is in some sort of hostage situation where there is a need to protect/save innocent victims. Why not wait until the criminal goes to the grocery store or something and take him then? Kicking in doors of american citizens seems like a fools errand and should be way down on the list of options for taking in suspected criminals.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't think of very many instances where they should be allowed to make forced entry into any residence. The only scenarios I can see is in some sort of hostage situation where there is a need to protect/save innocent victims. Why not wait until the criminal goes to the grocery store or something and take him then? Kicking in doors of american citizens seems like a fools errand and should be way down on the list of options for taking in suspected criminals.

I agree with this.

I'm also gonna shoot at anyone who is kicking down my door. If somebody ever wants to arrest me, they would do very well to nab me while I'm at the grocery store or out for a run rather than try to kick in my door.

And back to the OP, of course the police spokesman is going to say to obey anyone claiming to be a cop. It is in their best interest. It isn't their asses on the line when there is a fake... only when it is a real police raid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom