Soooo... what does karma give me for building my girl a pink AR-15???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will probably be better off in the long run anyway. Good looking ar's I am sure you will have no problem selling and if you find another woman who is in to firearms she will be happy to have it.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least it happened BEFORE you gave it to her...

Life can suck sometimes. Hopefully yours will get better from here.

On a positive note, great work on those AR's, lots of details like the painted roll marks. What front cover/rail is that on the pink one?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pink rail looks awesome, I'm curious about the mag...did you paint it also or is pink polymer? The only pink polymer mags I have are Tapco but they look a little different. Magpul is supposed to release pink mags as part of the series but I haven't seen them out yet. I'm assuming the grip and stock are the Magpul Moe pink series? I have several and I'm currently considering swapping my black furniture for pink on my .50 Beowulf :) . I think its a sweet looking rifle.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pink rail looks awesome, I'm curious about the mag...did you paint it also or is pink polymer? The only pink polymer mags I have are Tapco but they look a little different. Magpul is supposed to release pink mags as part of the series but I haven't seen them out yet. I'm assuming the grip and stock are the Magpul Moe pink series? I have several and I'm currently considering swapping my black furniture for pink on my .50 Beowulf :) . I think its a sweet looking rifle.

I painted it. The paint isn't holding up all that well, already, with just a few insertions into the receiver. It is just the cheapo spray pink rattlecan you get at Hobby Lobby. It probably would have been better if I had primered things first, but I wasn't being that dedicated yet, it was just a quickie-job. I also like taking the bottom plate off and leaving it black. A nice-looking contrast, IMNSHO. I would recommend if you do paint a PMAG, you mask it off right at the point it enters the magwell and leave that part black. Just adding that couple layers of paint made it harder to insert properly, and I have some pink paint scraped off inside the magwell already. I also suspect it won't hold up to good cleaning well.

I imagine I will probably strip the paint off the mag the rail sometime and send it and a couple mags out for cerakoting with a slightly lighter and flat-finish pink color. Just to be more durable and match better.

And yes, the stock and grip are Magpul MOE, I got them off Egay. The grip was stupid high, about $60, I think, but that is because it is engraved with the Calico Jack emblem. I'd like to paint that black to set it off a bit more, but that will take a steady hand and alot of patience to get all the little fine lines right, and there will be no opportunity for cleanup... any spillover will be there forever and it will be completely ruined. So I haven't gotten the courage up to do that yet. If it comes right down to it, I may get a better grip (not an MOE fan, honestly) and have it hydrodipped with the emblems and colors I want, I think. The trigger guard is pink camo, all I could find.

Overall, though, I think it's a pretty sweet rifle. I've got just around $1200-1250 or so in that one, I believe. No optics yet, of course.

On a side note, I did buy a few sets of the Magpul PRS training-aid/airsoft flip ups, and it was a total waste... they won't even fit on the Picatinny rails at all. I don't have much in them... maybe $100-150 in all 5 sets, 1 OD, 1 FDE and 3 black. :(

Just hate spending ~$100 on flip-up backups I don't see myself using hardly EVER once I get some halfway decent glass picked up for them all.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"This is my rifle, this is my gun..." Don't let your karma run over your dogma. Be glad she left before you moved in together. Plus, not too many people will steal a pink rifle!

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better now than later, I have been through it before and it gets more expensive the longer they are there. My last one cost me my AR and Remminton 700 LTR trying to pay off stuff she ran up. On the lighter side it was a sweet looking gun. It looks like you did a great job on it. I thought about buying pink handcuffs just because it's hard to look bad wearing a pair of pink handcuffs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom