Speed Queen washer and dryer ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mechanical Timer Top load Washer TC5 Models (5000 Series) • Three (3) years parts and labor limited warranty on the complete washer. • Five (5) year limited warranty on cabinet assembly against rust from the inside out. Year 4 through 5 parts only limited warranty. • Five (5) year limited warranty on the motor. Year 4 through 5 parts only limited warranty. • Fifteen (15) year limited warranty on the transmission assembly. Year 4 through 15 parts only limited warranty.

If its a TC5 the transmission has a 15 year warranty, part should be covered but you need to pay labor, or install yourself.
Now that I think about it it was the tranny that was leaking and replaced under warranty. The motor had gone bad last Dec. initial repair the tech said it was the belt and replaced. Problem persisted and further inspection was the motor. Parts and labor estimate was pretty high so we elected to go with a middle of the road Whirlpool for the same money. So far so good but all of the new stuff is so damn electronic. Time will tell.

Early on in our marriage my wife banned me from using laundry equipment so I can’t personally comment ….she is happy with how clean the new unit gets clothes. Happy wife… you know the rest🙄

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have had a Speed Queen washer and dryer for a little over 4 years that we bought from Anthony’s in Midwest City. In that time the dryer has needed a new heat element installed, which was done under warranty and all it took was a phone call to Anthony’s. It did take a couple of weeks to get the part in and for the repairman out. Other than that they’ve been good machines.

We do 2-3 full loads per day (currently have 7 kids). Our only complaint was when we bought them they didn’t make manual machines and only had electronic controls. Shortly after we bought them they came back out with machines that had actual knobs which was kind of a bummer.

We bought the biggest “commercial” machines they had and they came with 7-year warranties. Two of the selling points for the washer were they would run full hot water and fill up the barrel said water. There are eco modes if you’re into that, but no need to bypass anything if you actually want clean clothes.

I think we ended up spending either $2,400 or $2,800 delivered and installed (and they took the old dryer).

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like others have stated, appliance and repair people advised us to go with Speed Queen. We bought the T7 washer and a few months later the dryer at Hahns, who stored it for us for about 6 months until our new house was finished. No complaints at all going on 3 years. Although, just minutes ago I did a little repair. The machine showed an error code that there is crud in the screen filter. Removed and cleaned and ran a loaf with no issues. Prices appear to have jumped since 2019/2020. We paid about $1800 for both machines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom