Speed Queen washer and dryer ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We purchased a speedo Queen washer in 2015. Transmission started leaking in 2019 wich the warranty covered. Fast forward to last December. Transmission started smoking. Out of warranty and was going to be $700+ to fix. We did not replace with another speed Queen

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We purchased a speedo Queen washer in 2015. Transmission started leaking in 2019 wich the warranty covered. Fast forward to last December. Transmission started smoking. Out of warranty and was going to be $700+ to fix. We did not replace with another speed Queen
what did you replace with? happy?

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terrys Appliance Del City. They only do washer and dryers. Speed Queens only. I know both the Brothers, straight up guys!
Thanks for the info.

I'll call them tomorrow morning and get a bottom line quote on a TR7 set like I've already got from Anthony's......that reminds me I still need to get a quote from Hahn's on W. Reno also.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I'll call them tomorrow morning and get a bottom line quote on a TR7 set like I've already got from Anthony's......that reminds me I still need to get a quote from Hahn's on W. Reno also.
Don’t hold me to it, but I THINK Hahn’s will match price. I’m about ready for a dryer. Have an old Whirlpool, and the belt is/has been squeaky, and sometimes I have to reach in and rotate tub to get it going. I replaced the washer a few years ago with another WP. My appliance guy said to keep them going as long as possible, they don’t make them like they used to.. heck he won’t (can’t 🤷‍♂️) even attempt to work on newer models, too much computer crap. I had an issue with new washer, called him and said unplug for a minute or more.. yep, it worked like rebooting your computer. I’m limited in what I can buy, they’re in garage - older home and small 1 car garage. Can’t fit 90% of newer models in the designated area.. Our dryer is going on 20 + years.. 🙏🤞
Good luck with your hunt/purchase!

Dadfish

Dadfish
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Both our washer and dryer are Whirlpool and 35+ years old......they've been good units for us, the washer has had the tub seals replaced once and the dryer has never had anything at all done to it.

Mama said the dryer still dried the clothes this morning but it started making a thumping noise and as old as both units are I'm not going to monkey around with just having the dryer fixed I'm just going to go ahead and replace both units in the same configuation as what we have now..... a top load washer and a front load dryer.

I found this old thread----> Buying a Speed-queen washer and looks like just about everyone that has purchased the Speed Queen brand have been real happy with them......in the thread I saw reference to TR7 and TC5 models, which model would be the best one to buy and where would be the best place to purchase them ?

Edit; all I did was click on the first thing I saw thing but it looks like the washer and dryer set run right at $2900.00 at Best Buy. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/combo/washer-dryer-bundles/17e15aac-70d1-4e3b-8559-6237af316815
I still have SQ washer and coomercial Whirlpool dryer, almost new $900 for the pair

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no sir no pics. the washer has been mechanically sound and i thought when i bought it that i would have another washer that would last. unfortunately that hasn't been the case. if the cabinet isn't worthy of the mechanics the end result is the same as buying a junk machine and replace every five years. i am very disappointed to say the least. probably just get a kenmore top load agitator type cheapest analog control and replace in four or five years. if i was the op i would fix my old ones one more time.

Interesting, I would like to see pics and what environment the washer was used in.

Meaning inside a home where its dry and temp controlled, or in a garage with no hvac, or a laundry shed off of a covered carport, I have seen those as well.

Did it rust from the inside out, SQs have a 5 year warranty on rust from the inside out.

Anyway hate to hear about the bad experience.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mechanical Timer Top load Washer TC5 Models (5000 Series) • Three (3) years parts and labor limited warranty on the complete washer. • Five (5) year limited warranty on cabinet assembly against rust from the inside out. Year 4 through 5 parts only limited warranty. • Five (5) year limited warranty on the motor. Year 4 through 5 parts only limited warranty. • Fifteen (15) year limited warranty on the transmission assembly. Year 4 through 15 parts only limited warranty.

If its a TC5 the transmission has a 15 year warranty, part should be covered but you need to pay labor, or install yourself.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were gave a used set of Maytags when we were first married 44 years ago, that set lasted us 29 years the wife just said. Then we went to Terrys Appliance in Del City and bought the Speed queens she uses now.

44 years and 2 sets of washer/dryer.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were gave a used set of Maytags when we were first married 44 years ago, that set lasted us 29 years the wife just said. Then we went to Terrys Appliance in Del City and bought the Speed queens she uses now.

44 years and 2 sets of washer/dryer.

Thats a pretty good run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom