Speed Queen washer and dryer ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both our washer and dryer are Whirlpool and 35+ years old......they've been good units for us, the washer has had the tub seals replaced once and the dryer has never had anything at all done to it.

Mama said the dryer still dried the clothes this morning but it started making a thumping noise and as old as both units are I'm not going to monkey around with just having the dryer fixed I'm just going to go ahead and replace both units in the same configuation as what we have now..... a top load washer and a front load dryer.

I found this old thread----> Buying a Speed-queen washer and looks like just about everyone that has purchased the Speed Queen brand have been real happy with them......in the thread I saw reference to TR7 and TC5 models, which model would be the best one to buy and where would be the best place to purchase them ?

Edit; all I did was click on the first thing I saw thing but it looks like the washer and dryer set run right at $2900.00 at Best Buy. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/combo/washer-dryer-bundles/17e15aac-70d1-4e3b-8559-6237af316815

Last edited:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my speed queen washer has completely rusted through and is now falling apart before my eyes. i think i can replace it with a whirlpool top load no frills washer for about half the price and just kick it in the ditch and get another when it gives trouble.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TC5000 is what I have and matching dryer,

Drums are real stainless steel, warranty for life. Has a actual transmission so the wash tub and agitator operate separately.
Can adjust water level.
Mostly knobs you adjust, there is a small mother board for some electronics, but they are minimal.

Its a tank, weighs something like 200lbs.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been several years, but our appliance repair guy (I call him the “fridge guy” because that is the only appliance we’ve had to have help with😛), and he recommended speed queen washers & driers. He said if/when they broke down, they were built kinda old-school so they were repairable. FWIW, when (not if)we replace ours, we will suck up the expense and buy them. Of course, they may have changed hands by now, and it could be another mass market crap-shoot…..who knows….

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Harrys used to be good to buy appliances. I haven't been there in years and don't know if they still exist. Harrys on May ave.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Basic model but it never gave my great grandmother any trouble and it was affordable. You may can find one on eBay but a wash tub will have to be purchased separately.
IMG_1633.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom