Spirit aero tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cammeroonee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a job opportunity at Spirit Aero in Tulsa and i was wondering if anybody here works there or has worked there. I will be leaving Baker Hughes to go there and would like to know what I will be getting in too.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't Baker Hughes have good benefits and fair pay? My dad worked there for many years and we have at least 1 OSA member that works there.
I have a friend that works at Spirit and he is an assembler and makes about $14 hour starting pay with full benefits from day 1. They have in the past been VERY cyclic as far as hiring and laying off with work loads, just know that up front.
Do you have an A&P and are they gonna pay you for it or are you a machinest?

cammeroonee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been with Baker Hughes for 14 years and the quality of management has gone down dramatically. and i will be starting out at spirit close to what i currently make being a electronics technician. The benefits use to be good until a few years back and now they are not all that spectacular. The main reason behind leaving would be management.

Signut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Electronics technician?!! Perhaps you should consider applying for a job at Aberdeen Dynamics.... The electronics technician we have now is a little turd that thinks he is the center of the universe and that the moon and stars revolve around him.... Man i'd love to see that little turd replaced by someone worthwhile!!!
You should stop by and apply....

Mike
Signut

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the management at Spirit is nothing to write home about, either. Work ethics are one thing, but the union is another. Long time loafers get preference over short time ass-busters.

For the record, mine is an un-biased view, as I work there as a contractor, so I don't have a dog in the fight. Not a bad place to work at all, but as was mentioned - there are cyclical layoffs, and they are in the process of being sold right now - so buyer beware.

Latest posts

Top Bottom