Driveway cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got an issue with a brain-dead relative that continues to park an oil leaking automobile on my driveway in spite being asked repeatedly not to do so. I've also got acorns from my neighbor's tree being half eaten by squirrels and dropped on the driveway, which causes what appears to be immutable stains left behind. I have a pressure washer but I can't get the acorn stains off the concrete at all. I can lessen the oil stains but getting rid of them completely is another matter. I've tried off the shelf degreaser, muriatic acid (diluted), laundry detergent, and mineral spirits (mistake).

Any suggestions KNOWN to work? Bleach? Full strength muriatic? Or just give up and let nature do its thing for months on end?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can get to it soon enough, Dawn dishwashing liquid works really well for removing oil from concrete, at least in my experience. I don’t think I’ve ever tried it on older stains though, usually just overflow and drops from changing my oil.

You might try washing with Dawn then, after it dries, use some clay kitty litter to see if that’ll lift and draw it out

Latest posts

Top Bottom