Driveway cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2600 psi. Yellow.
You may look into getting a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer. I have one and it works a lot better than just using the nozzle itself. That being said, I haven't been able to completely remove oil stains from my driveway if they are there for more than a couple of hours. And that's with using the surface cleaner and Purple Power or Simple Green Professional concentrated cleaners (at full strength).

This is the kind of surface cleaner that I'm talking about.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same problem not just with relatives but those that do occasional work around my home. I go out as soon as possible and pour gasoline on the oil stain, scrub it well and then put liquid dishwashing soap on the area and scrub it well again. Then I take the water hose to the area and wash it off and there is little to no sign of the oil. Some people just don't care how they treat other people's property.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Purple Power was a waste of money. Haven't tried the others. Too expensive to just throw at it.
Guess you didn’t watch the video because purple power ranked near the bottom as the worst cleaner.

IMG_7971.png

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as dealing with the relatives you have several options, just depends on your personality and what you’d be comfortable doing. You could ask for their keys and move it for them (politely), you could go out and slide a drip pan under their car or have them help you. You could just let it go and keep cleaning it yourself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom