Sport bike question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insurance doesn't cost any less. I paid $90/yr for insurance for my cruiser and $60/yr for my sport bike...I highly recommend Progressive for their bike insurance.
Please explain how you got motorcycle insurance that cheap. High deductible, limited coverage, motorcycle not worth much? I checked with Progressive and they were no where near that cheap. I'm 66 years old, excellent driving record and ride a 10 year old HD Electra Glide. For full coverage w/$500 deductible, Progressive wanted over $400 a year.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That cheap insurance may be for liability .. that is just about what I was paying but I had my cars with them also.
about 67 for each bike per year.. my bikes were Honda magna's and a 250 rebel.
I currently do not have them but I do have a cheap insurance on my 57 4 door chevy. multi car and home discount and classic insurance the price is 12 bucks for 6 months

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plenty of bikes that go like stink without the crotch rocket riding posture.

Insurance costs less as well for standard bikes.

Please explain how you got motorcycle insurance that cheap. High deductible, limited coverage, motorcycle not worth much? I checked with Progressive and they were no where near that cheap. I'm 66 years old, excellent driving record and ride a 10 year old HD Electra Glide. For full coverage w/$500 deductible, Progressive wanted over $400 a year.

I won't carry full coverage on a bike unless it is a Harley. Just dollar wise, it is not worth it. I never bought a brand new bike. Yes, I had and have really nice used bikes, but I've never had a note on any of them, bought them with cash.

When and if I get a Harley, it wouldn't touch the road without having full coverage though, just simply because the value of them. Yeah, there's a few bikes out there that would make me think otherwise as well, a few Ducati's, Aprillia's, etc., but those are all $15k+ bikes, most the bikes I mentioned at under $8k used, or $12k new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom