Springfield Amory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen your Ad, love the Springfield XD's, not fond of .40 S&W. Too expensive to shoot, prefer 9 mm also have enough expensive ammo guns in a safe at the bottom of a lake. May have considered in 10 mm. Sorry.

mn_danger

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 to what others have said. 40SW is more expensive to shoot and holds fewer rounds than 9mm for concealed carry.

I really like XDs. IMHO they are well made and reliable shooters. Others dislike them, to each his own.

I did consider what might happen if 9MM dries up or may be unavailable and 40 was the only thing available. So I bought a 40SW complete upper on GB. Fits exactly, works great on my 9mm lower. Looks like they even use the same mags. So now I have a 40SW XD for under $200.

I would suggest finding a 9mm upper, then you can shoot whatever you want. And if you ever have to sell it, it might be easier to move as a "multi caliber" package for an end times SHTF scenario 😅

Good luck.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have an Springfield Amory XD 40 I have been trying in the past to either sell or trade, but it seems like no one on this site likes Springfield Armory maybe just this model. I always thought it was a pretty good pistol. What is everyones thoughts on this. I'm curious.
Don't get me wrong I like the pistol one of the most accurate I have ever shot. I am just trying to move to all 9mm for hand gun. I have Ammo that I would throw in for the right deal. I mean I have 100rds of Blazer Brass 180gr. 100 rds of Federal American Eagle 180gr. 100 rds of PMC 165gr. 100 rds of Winchester 165gr. and 50 rds of CCI Blazer 180gr. What would all that be worth??

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I like the pistol one of the most accurate I have ever shot. I am just trying to move to all 9mm for hand gun. I have Ammo that I would throw in for the right deal. I mean I have 100rds of Blazer Brass 180gr. 100 rds of Federal American Eagle 180gr. 100 rds of PMC 165gr. 100 rds of Winchester 165gr. and 50 rds of CCI Blazer 180gr. What would all that be worth??

Every time you post it I’m tempted just because I’ve been wanting a .40s&w handgun for a situation where I have another caliber just in case of supply issues again…

but our distance is to far to make it worth traveling for.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, being 40S&W doesn’t help.
The Gun writers are ruining the .40 cal. It is a great caliber and sure as heck better than the 9mm. All these guys putting down the .40 are wrong. Buying .40 ammo right now would be a good move as its in some cases it is cheaper than 9mm and more deadly than 9mm. The same writers that said the .45 was dead were stone cold wrong. Keep your .40's unless you are recoil shy as it is a good man stopper and you will have more money in your pocket. If you have a .40 there are gobs of ammo out there for cheap.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone once told me "XD guys love their XDs because they wanted all the benefits of a Glock without it being a Glock"
Paraphrasing, it's been a while
Edit: remembered the ending.
"XD guys love their XDs because they wanted a Glock without Gaston's name on it."
If you were in OKC I'd have tried to buy the ammo separately. Just not a fan of XD.

Edit again:
The gun’s main selling point seems to be “it’s not a Glock.” Most people who initially buy them just don’t like Glocks for whatever reason. They want something with Glock-like performance without Gaston’s name written on the slide. It’s a bad choice. The XD isn’t as reliable as the Glock (or several other different subcompact pistols).
- Greg Ellifritz
https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/the-springfield-xd-a-polemic

Latest posts

Top Bottom