Springfield & Rock River sell out IL gun owners. Working with the antis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I assume you mean an M1D. Really neat piece of history, but don't expect any more than 1/2 MOM accuracy.

On topic, it's sad to see how yet another American firearms manufacturer is kowtowing to the liberal handwringers who focus on one of the tools used by the problem. Much easier than dealing with the real issue!
M1Garand and M1carbine. I realize theat this modern SA is far from thevreal one.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Refresh my memory. Why do we hate Ruger and S&W?

S&W sold out to the Clinton Administration with the integral lock, among other things. Bill Ruger publicly commented that "no honest man needs more than 10 rounds" in reference to the ban on full-capacity magazines.

Both of those things happened before my time owning a gun...the real question is how long before people forget the injustacies that Springfield has recently done. If you look at it now a days both s&w and ruger are in business. If people were still mad at them how come we have so many threads here about the glory of the s&w revolver, or people using the shield as a cvs. On the same subject the 10/22 is one of the most popular rifles around. People will forget and sometimes companies have to do what's best for the company and get put on blast for that, I say the "boycott" lasts for a little bit and then business back as normal.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both of those things happened before my time owning a gun...the real question is how long before people forget the injustacies that Springfield has recently done. If you look at it now a days both s&w and ruger are in business. If people were still mad at them how come we have so many threads here about the glory of the s&w revolver, or people using the shield as a cvs. On the same subject the 10/22 is one of the most popular rifles around. People will forget and sometimes companies have to do what's best for the company and get put on blast for that, I say the "boycott" lasts for a little bit and then business back as normal.

It hurt S&W and Ruger for years. I don't know that there are numbers that can be cited but the 2A community was pissed for years. Hell, Ruger didn't start supplying full capacity mags until some time after Bill died. They were marked and sold to LEO only.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It lasted for a while, but I think that while righteous indignation and boycott is an appropriate response to a company that does its customers wrong, it's equally important to reward good behavior, which includes opening our wallets again when they see the light. If we treat a boycott as permanent, the company in question has no incentive to remedy its wrong--what's lost is lost, so why bother? The offender needs to have the hope of regaining its lost revenue as motivation to pull it's collective head out and get it right.

That said, of course, HS Precision still needs to die.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It lasted for a while, but I think that while righteous indignation and boycott is an appropriate response to a company that does its customers wrong, it's equally important to reward good behavior, which includes opening our wallets again when they see the light. If we treat a boycott as permanent, the company in question has no incentive to remedy its wrong--what's lost is lost, so why bother? The offender needs to have the hope of regaining its lost revenue as motivation to pull it's collective head out and get it right.

That said, of course, HS Precision still needs to die.
Jist because the company sees the light, does not mean their stpidity has not done permanent damage to their customers. So i say, let their demise be a warning to other companies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom