I'll soon be selling a few of my hand guns. Top shelf and I'll be fair on the prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 47 year old son from my first marriage (he lives in Georgia) aren't all that close because his mom and I split when he was around three then I bounced around overseas several years and lost touch with him and his mom so when you come right down to it my son and I don't really know each other......the last time I saw him and met his wife and my three grandkids for the first time (the oldest was already in his last year of high school) was around 2007.

I showed him several of my guns during his day and a half visit and told him that when I pass that my current wife (of 44+ years) had been instructed by me to give him all of my guns and he told me thanks anyway but that he had a 30-06 rifle, 12 ga. shotgun, .22 rifle for small game and plinking, a .357 revolver and a 9mm semi auto and that was all he wanted or needed.

My current and I never had kids by choice so now knowing after talking to my son that I had no heirs to leave my guns to so I began slowly selling things off when I retired in 2015.....the higher dollar guns were sold first like my two Pythons, Colt Sauer rifles, Browning shotguns, Colt SAA handguns, Colt 1911's, wood presentation boxed S & W's etc.

I've still got a double handful of nice guns left but nothing that I'd call collectable and surprisingly, even though i wanted them when I bought them, none the guns I sold are really missed all that much......what I have left are my "keepers" and the wife will just have to dispose of them the best she can when I'm gone and after she passes our wills designate all of our remaining assets get split 50-50 between two different animal organizations.
Daddy!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While your downsizing; take some of your money and buy a .22lr conversion kit for your CZ Shadow2:

View attachment 182104

It not really another handgun -- It is more like a accessory !!!!!!

https://www.opticsplanet.com/cz-usa-shadow-2-kadet-22-lr-conversion-kit.html

Superior firearm !!!!!!!!

Good Luck on your quest to downsize !!!!!!!
I'm keeping mine but doubt I'll add anything to it. I have a ruger 22/45 that shoots lights out and I've always loved that gun. Thanks for the heads up now I need to never think about that great addition to the S2 again. Ha

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been considering downsizing for quite some time, but haven't made myself do it yet. There are some I will never sell, and hopefully my son will appreciate them as much as I do. I'll turn loose of mostly long guns and I've already picked out the first two or three I'll probably sell. Just can't force myself to pull the trigger (pun intended). Good luck @steelfingers ! I'm trying to make myself QUIT buying in preparation for downsizing!

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinning for some time. A few family guns are willed to nieces and nephews. But what is left over will go to a lottery system for remaining friends and hunting buddies. Gathered for a party, they will draw numbers from 1 of my old cowboy hats. Then go in succession of number, to open the safe and choose 1 gun. Selection continues until all have the same number of firearms. Leftover guns will be sold to help pay for the party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom