Springfield & Rock River sell out IL gun owners. Working with the antis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have little doubt they have donated tons of money on both sides of the aisle.

You can bet so did Colt, S&W, Ruger and many others. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to find the NRA donating to many of these same pols - they gotta pay to get access to give their point of view, right? If you ain't got cash to donate, odds of you getting face time with a powerful politician on a national level are pretty GDed slim.

And, this is what is wrong with the country. Money buys the politicians, public opinion, and the policy.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own either brand, but what are guys going to do with yours? Sell em off cheap, lock em up, turn them in to one of those guns for walmart gift card programs?

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own either brand, but what are guys going to do with yours? Sell em off cheap, lock em up, turn them in to one of those guns for walmart gift card programs?

I have a RRA lower which I bought here about 5 years ago. Decided to keep it, but I won't be buying any SA or RRA for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a copy of an email response I recently received from SA, in regards to my asking why they would donate to anti gun politicians and groups, and my current reply. Still waiting to hear back from SA.

The SA spin doctor contact info is at the end should you feel the need to contact them.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••​

No, it does not. Why has Springfield Armory given money to known anti Second Amendment Politicians and organizations via the IMFA, a political organization created by your company. Public records show that it has knowingly done so since 2012.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/2/17 6:01 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Money given to anti 2A groups and politicians via IMFA

Hi,

As promised, here is the latest statement as of a few moments ago from our CEO, Dennis Reese. I am hoping this will clear up any questions you may have:

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/...t-regarding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657-0

I can assure you that we at Springfield Armory are wholeheartedly against this bill, and we have never been knowingly in support of anything anti-Second Amendment.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would also be happy to discuss over the phone if you prefer at (309) 944-8994.

Thanks again and I hope you have a great evening.

Best Regards,

Stefany

--

Stefany Reese | PR & Communications Manager

Springfield Armory®

420 West Main Street

Geneseo, IL 61254

972-765-2910 (c)

309-944-8994 (o)

[email protected]

www.springfield-armory.com

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Shoot em. I'm not for cutting off my nose to spite my face. BUT, if anyone feels the need to unload their SA firearms, I'll pay 10% of pre-dumbassery retail value.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The latest statement is another dial-back, for sure... they are definitely in spin-control mode, and we'll have to wait and see if they really back up what they say. I've got numerous S.A. handguns including a V-10 Champion 1911 and multiple XDs, as well as 2 RRA ARs. I won't be selling them off, but I had decided I would pass on buying more. We'll see if I stick with that, watching their ongoing response.

Odd though... have we heard a word from RRA? Everyone is focusing on Springfield, but I haven't seen anything from RRA in all this...

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no sense in getting rid of what you already have; it won't affect their bottom line one whit.

For that matter, there's no sense in *not* taking advantage of liquidation sales from stores that don't plan to restock. The manufacturer gets its money when the piece is sold to the distributor, not when it's sold at retail. As long as the store isn't going to order more, you're not putting money in the pockets of the manufacturer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom