Squirrel hunters, Looking for 1 or 2 mature hunters shot gun only .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What about those large wooden rat traps that look like a mouse trap but larger would those kill a squirrel? You could nail them to a tree with peanut butter on the trigger? Tack weld some sharp nails on the bar??? That's a little morbid.
When I was a kid found one tripped but left a blood trail found the biggest wood rat that I had ever seen and he was dead.

Hehe! Something tells me I wouldn't want to tangle with this gal.

Last edited by a moderator:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That will get em!

I have a tiny little leg hold trap that I use in the barn with grain for rats. They eat the grain, and eventually get to the trip pan. Done.

Probably work for tree rats too, but it would catch the house cat or dog.

zirrow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A high-powered pellet gun also works fine on squirrels when you're worried about noise. It doesn't take much.

it doesn't even have to be particularly high-powered. I shot one in my back yard a week ago with my son's el-cheapo Walmart Crosman (a 760?). One shot to the head, and he hit the ground with a single twitch before lights out. Granted, it was only 10 yards away at the most. I recovered the pellet from under its skin, but the skull was cracked front to back.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The squirrels have ate all the pecans off the big tree in my back yard. Think most have them have moved back down the creek to eat neighbors dog food. I am sure there still some on my creek eating wallnuts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom